Here is a list of the common tools recommended.
- 10mm Combination Wrench
- 12mm Combination Wrench
- 13mm Combination Wrench
- 14 mm Combination Wrench
- 15 mm Combination Wrench
- 3 mm, 4 mm & 5 mm Allen wrenches
- 10” Adjustable Wrench
- Box Cutter or Scissors
- Diagonal Wire Cutters
- Rubber Mallet
- Phillips and Flat blade Screw Drivers
- Tire Inflator/Air Compressor, such as the Husky Electric Air Tire Pump or similar.
LUBRICANTS & COMPOUNDS:
- Anti-Seize Compound
- Park Tool CL-1 Chain Lube (or Equivalent)
- Park Tool HPG-1 Grease (or Equivalent)
- Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 Nut/Bolt Locker
- White Lithium Grease like Permatex 80345
- Zoom Spout Light Machine Oil
- WD-40 Multi-Use
ADDITIONAL / SPECIALIZED TOOLS:
These tools will make the assembly easier.
- Park Tool AWS-1 3-Way Hex Wrench
- Park Tool ST-3 3-Way Socket Wrench
- Full Set of Metric Allen Wrenches
- Additional 14 mm and 15 mm Wrenches
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Channel Lock Pliers
- 6” Adjustable Wrench
- 3/8” Drive Metric Socket Set
- 22 mm Socket or 7/8” Socket, with 3/8” driver adapter (for wheel nuts)
- Tape Measure
- Torque Wrench
- Digital Caliper
RARELY NEEDED TOOLS:
Here are a few tools that are rarely needed, but can really save the day
- 9/16X20 Right Hand Pedal Tap
- 9/16×20 Left Hand Pedal Tap
- Screw Type Chain Tool (Park CT -3.2 recommended)
- Chain Pliers (Park Tool MLP- 1.2 recommended)
- Metric Thread Chaser Set
Loctite Selector Guide
- Red Loctite threadlocker is considered to have high adhesion strength. It cannot be removed by simply applying torque but requires special heat in combination with torque (or special chemicals) to disassemble the components after the red Loctite threadlocker has been applied.
- Green Loctite threadlocker is considered to have high adhesion strength for wicking. It is ideal for preassembled fasteners, like set screws. It cannot be removed by simply applying torque but requires special heat in combination with torque (or special chemicals) to disassemble the components after the green Loctite threadlocker has been applied.
- Blue Loctite threadlocker is considered to have medium adhesion strength. It can be disassembled with high torque, but it is easier to disassemble with special chemicals and/or heat. It is available as a tape, semisolid, or liquid form, and once applied to the threads it will cure in 24 hours.
- Purple Loctite threadlocker is considered to have low adhesion strength. It can be disassembled with low torque with the same hand tool used to install it.